Early June Flowers

The Pond Gardens.


Hello! Early June is such a lovely time in Iowa gardens, and we've been having some nice weather for the past several days, after a few very hot days last weekend -- around 95°F / 35°C -- and more of the same heat predicted for the entire next week. Time to turn on the air conditioner for the first time this year.

I'm continuing to work on the many garden improvements that I've been doing this year, but I'm also trying to take time to enjoy some of the nice moments in my gardens, now that the peonies and iris are finished, and the time of roses is in full swing.

I was able to take a few shots of my gardens:



I finished trimming the boxwood hedges in the Herb Garden with my new cordless battery-powered hedge trimmer. Last year I cut through an extension cord, despite my constant efforts to avoid doing so, and that was the last straw for me. My new trimmer is lightweight, much easier to use, and runs for quite a while before needing to be recharged.

'Blaze' on my garden shed. This is the best it's looked yet since I planted it a few years ago.

'Blueberry Hill' rose and lupines against the tractor shed.

Clematis and Ornithogalum magnum in the White Garden.

Kniphofia, Achillea, Salvia and lilies (plus a hidden garden ornament) in the Addition Front Border.

Mock Orange (with a wonderful scent), with the Kitchen Garden, chicken shed and farm fields beyond.


Hope your own gardens are brimming with flowers as High Summer begins. Thanks for reading! -Beth


Comments